Tuesday, September 4, 2007

She is a keeper!!






We have had a fun filled day with Sarah. She loves to play with playdoh, blow bubbles, play outside, go for walks, and eat noodles. We completed paperwork today and had our family picture taken. The notary, civil affairs official, orphanage director and photographer came to our hotel so we could complete this portion of our adoption. Normally, we would have gone to the civil affairs office, where we received the children, but the Iceland group is also staying at the White Rose so the officials came to us. The orphanage director and photographer both tried to talk to Sarah but she preferred to ignore them. She gets very quiet if anyone talks to her in Chinese. This evening after our walk (yes, we did cross the busy street in front of the hotel and are still alive to tell about it)I received my first hug from Sarah! It was so precious! She has started to call me mom and likes to hold my hand! All of the 3T shorts I brought are too big for her. Her waist is so tiny they just fall off. I could not find any shorts today at Carrefour. It seems they too are starting to get the fall line of clothing on their shelves.
In the morning, we are traveling to the orphanage for a visit. It is only about a 30 minute drive from our hotel. We will be taking gifts for the orphanage director, foster parents, and nannies. We also plan to purchase a needed item for the orphanage. We are waiting to hear what they need right now. We also hope to take some pictures of Sarah's finding spot.

5 comments:

Buffi Young said...

What ADORABLE pictures!!! She is just SO precious!! I'm glad she is doing well!! In your email...you had asked about touring. We did the Yellow Crane Tower. It was good. The Provincial Museum was neat too. We got to hear the Bell Concert...which was really interesting. Actually...we were all so occupied with our little ones...it was hard to actually enjoy the sight seeing. But it was all good!!! We'll be praying for you as you visit the orphanage and finding spot! That was a HUGE day for us! Can't wait to read your post!! Have a great day!
Buffi

Sherri said...

I'm glad everything's going so well for you! She is so adorable!

East Lake Park was our favorite thing to do in Wuhan. It was beautiful.

Sherri

The Ferrill's said...

CHERI! I had been checking and checking and nothing. Then we went out of town and I get back and OH MY GOODNESS, Sarah is so beautiful Cheri! Oh I am just crying! I love her! And I love you! WOW, I can't explain it, she just fits right in. WOW.
I am going to pour over your blog now. Bask in the sweetness...
Praying for you still!
Did I mention I am SO excited for you?
Lots of Love from Alabama,
Laine

Laurie said...

Hello! Just look at that smile!! Her smile can light up any room! A hug already - gave me tears! I am so pleased to hear it is going well! Enjoy and have a great trip!
Laurie and Gabby

Lesa and Samuel said...

So happy for you that you finally have Sarah! Enjoying your blog! Keep posting and adding pictures! We are leaving for Fuzhou Thursday EARLY!!! Sorry we will miss you.
Lesa