Saturday, December 29, 2007

One year ago.......

It was one year ago today we saw Sarah's picture for the first time and knew she was to be our daughter. Little did we know as we traveled to China in February 2006 to bring home Hannah how much our lives would be forever changed. We knew we would be back we did not know it would happen just 18 months later!! It seems God used China to speed us along down the path to our two beautiful daughters. As we had waited and prayed for years to see the fulfillment of our dream to adopt come true, I never dreamed that we would be able to return again and so soon. In December 2006, with the new Chinese adoption requirements coming into effect in May 2007 we were advised to adopt again "now or never". So within a week we had begun the process again and had been matched with our precious Sarah. Miraculously, everything fell into place and we traveled just eight months later to bring her home. God's plans are always better than mine, He does everything exceedingly, abundantly above all I can ask or imagine!! How thankful I am that I had "secretly" been praying for a sister for Hannah, one that was within a year of Hannah's age, one with the same special need, one with my favorite Chinese name Mei! Sarah is our dream come true!

4 comments:

Buffi Young said...

It's so hard to believe how time flies, isn't it? I am so glad that Sarah is doing so well, and loving her family so much!!! How did she enjoy Christmas? I bet her and Hannah are inseparable!! Sadie and Silas are...and that was something I wasn't anticipating. It's a special bond!!! So great to read a new post! I check on you guys daily! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL New Year!!! Blessings,
Buffi

Laurie said...

God is good all the time! Happy New Year to the Knorr Family!

The Ferrill's said...

I've got chills, Cheri! God's plans are truly amazing, no matter what they are! As I typed in your blog to check for an update, I wondered to myself, "Will there ever be a knorradoption3.blogspot? :)
Love,
Laine

The Ferrill's said...

P.S. I know you've been so busy, but how has Sarah recuperated? I hope she is all better! Let me know!