Monday, July 16, 2007

W--A--I--T--I--N--G

A favorite Bible verse of mine is found in Habakkuk 2:2-3. "Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming-it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time." -the message Bible-

We have been waiting 91 days for our LOA to arrive and we know God is in control of every detail. It will arrive right on time! It is hard to wait when you know a child is needing a family. It is hard to wait when you know you will miss your child's third birthday. It is hard to wait when you just want to GO! I am so very thankful that I can trust and rely on God to be in control and not me! I am so very thankful for updated photos and video footage of our precious Sarah! It is so encouraging to see her smiling, talking, and laughing! As with our adoption of Hannah, I know someday soon I will look back at this time of waiting and it will be just a distant memory. We continue to pray that Sarah's heart is being prepared to join our family. We pray for her foster parents-that every need they have will be met, that they will be blessed beyond measure, that God will comfort their hearts as they prepare to let Sarah go.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Cheri,

I know it gets so difficult to keep on waiting. You will hear something soon, I'm sure.

Sarah's sweet voice rings in my ears--it is my favorite video of all of the ones that I have seen! She will be ready for you.

Sherri

Buffi Young said...

Cheri,
Look there!!! You got your LOA today!! I am so excited for you guys. Sarah is a sweet little girl and God is preparing her for your family!! We cannot wait to follow your journey!!!
Love,
Buffi