Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TWO WEEKS TO GO!

In just two short weeks, we will be boarding a plane headed for China! I have been praying for Sarah and her foster parents. I'm sure this transition that is so exciting for us is heart-wrenching for them. This is the only part that is so sad. As far as I know, Sarah has lived with her foster family since she was six weeks old. Her foster mother saved her life by taking her in when she was not growing and thriving in the orphanage. Her patience, devotion, and love is why Sarah is alive and well today. In Wuhan, adoptive parents are not allowed to meet foster parents. I have had months to prepare myself for this fact. We so enjoyed meeting Hannah's foster parents and I am heartbroken that we are not allowed to meet Sarah's. We sent disposable cameras in a care package and I am hoping to gain some insight of Sarah's first three years of life when we develop them. Although, I know they are careful to only take pictures of the foster child in their care, I pray they have been compelled to take a picture of Sarah with them too. We continually pray every need they have will be met, comfort for their hearts, and blessings to follow everywhere they go.
For Sarah, we pray that her heart is being prepared to join our family, that His peace will surround and guard her heart, and that she will know God is with her, giving her a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 "I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." The Message Bible

3 comments:

Buffi Young said...

Cheri,
We are standing in agreement with you that little Sarah's heart is being prepared.....that the Lord is even showing her your faces. God can do things that no man can do. I pray when she sleeps at night that he gives her dreams of her new family!!! We know that the Lord HAD to have spoke to Sadie. She is just a little miracle walking around. We know that Sarah is going to be another little miracle added to your family. Know we're thinking of you and praying for you guys!!! Love ya,
Buffi

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Cheri. We are kindred spirits. My heart broke for Kimmie and Quan's foster parents. I know the Lord is working in them and in Sarah even now. Pray that if the Lord sees it as best, that He will allow you to meet the foster parents. He can make it happen if it is what is the best thing for Sarah and you all.
In two weeks I will sing Happy Birthday to me and Happy Trails to you! August 29 is a GREAT day to go to China!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! Please know you have lots of prayers from Alabama going up on your behalf!
Laine

Journey to Lilly! said...

Cheri!! Just 2 short weeks!! We are praying for Sarah & your family! If the next 2 weeks for you are like our 2 weeks before China...time will fly!!
lv,
Kim